Saturday, September 24, 2011

The First Day of the Best of My Life

Okay, I never thought it would happen, but I finally did it.  After 32-1/2 years working at the same company, I gave my notice, handed in my security badge and took my early retirement.  Wow!

I've been working full time since just before graduation from high school.  I took a few weeks off with each of my kids, and then it was right back to it.  When I moved here in 1979, I started working for my last employer and never left. 

Looking back on it, I realize I've spent more than 1/2 my live working there.  That's a shock!  I don't really regret the years -- I made a lot of friends there and got to try a lot of new things and learn new skills...but wow! Half my life???  I think it's long past time for me to follow my dreams.

Life is too short not to choose to be happy, and my bucket list is waiting.  Retiring might not have been the soundest financial decision I've ever made, but I am the master of my Fate and this is MY decision.  So I will take off my shoes and walk in the sand, stay up late writing or sleep in if I choose, and I'll look for fun in everything I do.

Wishing you sunshine and the realization of your dreams,
Stephanie        

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! Looking forward to hearing many wonderful things from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! It's amazing how fast your schedule will fill up. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete